Yield 3 9” pies
- Stand mixer
- 3 PIE CRUST
- 2 c SUGAR GRANULATED
- ¾ tsp SALT
- 6 Tbsp FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- ¾ c MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 4 ½ tsp CINNAMON GROUND
- ¾ tsp NUTMEG GROUND
- ¾ tsp GINGER GROUND
- 5 c PUMPKIN CANNED, SOLID PACK
- 4 ½ c WATER
- 6 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- PREPARE AND DIVIDE DOUGH: Prepare Pie Crust. Divide dough into 3-7-1/2 oz pieces for bottom crust, place on lightly floured board.
- ROLL DOUGH: Sprinkle each piece of dough lightly with flour; flatten gently. Using a floured rolling pin, roll lightly with quick strokes from center out to edge in all directions. Form a circle 1 inch larger than pie pan and about 1/8 inch thick. Shift or turn dough occasionally to prevent sticking. If edges split, pinch cracks together.
- BOTTOM CRUST: Fold rolled dough in half; carefully place into ungreased pie pan with fold at center. Unfold and fit carefully into pie pan, being careful not to leave any air spaces between pan and dough.
- REMOVE EXCESS DOUGH: Trim overhanging edges of dough by using a knife or spatula
- Combine sugar, salt, flour, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin to dry ingredients; mix at low speed until well blended. Mixture must set for one hour under refrigeration 41 F. or lower.
- Add water and eggs; mix at low speed until well blended.
- Pour 3-3/4 cups filling into each unbaked 9” pie shell.
- Bake at 375 F. for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is firm. Cool thoroughly.