BLUEBERRY PIE (FROZEN BLUEBERRIES)
2 9-INCH PIES
- 4 PIE CRUST
- 2 ½ lbs BLUEBERRIES FROZEN, UNSWEETENED
- ¾ c WATER
- 1 ¾ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 tsp SALT
- ½ c CORNSTARCH
- ½ c WATER COLD
- 2 Tbsp BUTTER
- PREPARE AND DIVIDE DOUGH: for 2 2-crust 9-inch pies
- Use frozen blueberries. Thawing is not necessary.
- Combine water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir until smooth. Add gradually to boiling mixture. Cook at medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and clear. Remove from heat.
- Fold berries and butter or margarine carefully into thickened mixture.
- Pour 3 cups filling into each unbaked 9-inch pie shell. Cover with top crust. Seal edges. Bake at 425 F. for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.