BAKED APPLES WITH RAISIN NUT FILLING
- 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish
- 8 APPLES COOKING, FRESH, UNPEELED
- ⅓ c RAISINS PACKED
- ½ c PECANS CHOPPED
- 1 ¼ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 Tbsp CINNAMON GROUND
- 1/8 tsp SALT
- ¾ c WATER ICE
- 1 Tbsp BUTTER
- Core apples.
- Score apples once around middle to prevent bursting. Place apples on pans.
- Mix raisins with finely chopped unsalted nuts.
- Fill the cavity in the center of each apple with 1-2/3 tablespoons of mixture.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt thoroughly.
- Combine with water and butter or margarine. Pour syrup over apples in each pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally.
- Serve each apple with 2 tablespoons of syrup.
Baking times will vary depending on variety and size of apples.