- 9 x3 x 2 baking dish
- 8 APPLES COOKING, FRESH, UNPEELED
- 1¼ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 Tbsp CINNAMON GROUND
- 1/8 tsp SALT
- ¾ c WATER ICE
- 1 Tbsp BUTTER
- Core, then Score apples once around middle to prevent bursting. Place apples on pan.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt thoroughly. Combine with water and butter or margarine.
- Pour sugar syrup over apples in pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until tender. Baste occasionally.
- Serve each apple with 2 tablespoons syrup.