- ½ lb BUTTER 2 sticks
- 2 c WATER BOILING
- 2 ⅔ c FLOUR WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
- ¼ tsp SALT
- 8 EGGS WHOLE
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK, AS NEEDED
- Combine butter or margarine and water; bring to a boil.
- Add flour and salt all at once, stirring rapidly. Cook 2 minutes or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, place in mixer bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add eggs, while beating at high speed, using a flat paddle. Beat until mixture is thick and shiny.
- Spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Drop 2-1/2 tablespoons of batter in rows, 2 inches apart on sprayed pans.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400 F.; reduce oven temperature to 350 F.; bake 30 minutes longer or until firm. Turn off oven.
- Open oven door slightly; leave puffs in oven 8 to 10 minutes to dry out after baking. Shells should be slightly moist inside.
- Using a pastry tube, fill shells. See Note 1.
Fill shells with Vanilla Cream Pudding, Whipped Topping. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar or cover with Chocolate Glaze Frosting.