- Stand mixer
- 5 Tbsp BUTTER
- ⅔ c WATER BOILING
- ¾ c + 1 Tbsp FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- Pinch SALT
- 2 EGGS WHOLE, FRESH
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Combine butter and water; bring to a boil.
- Add flour and salt all at once stirring rapidly. Cook 2 minutes or until mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat, place in mixer bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add eggs, while beating at high speed, using a flat paddle. Beat until mixture is thick and shiny.
- Spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Use a pastry bag or drop 2-1/2 tablespoons of batter 2 to 6 inches apart on sprayed pans; spread each mound into a 1x4-1/2 inch rectangle, rounding sides or piling batter on top.
- Bake at 400 F. for 10 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 350 F.; bake 30 minutes longer or until firm. Turn off oven.
- Open oven door slightly; leave puffs in oven 8 to 10 minutes to dry out after baking. Shells should be slightly moist inside.
- Using a pastry tube, fill shells. See Note 1.
- Refrigerate filled shells until served.
1 Fill shells with Vanilla Cream, Whipped Topping. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar or cover with Chocolate Glaze Frosting.