HOT POTATO SALAD
- 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish
- 1 ¾ lbs POTATOES FRESH, PEELED, CUBED
- 2 qts WATER
- 1 Tbsp SALT
- 8 strips BACON RAW
- ¼ c ONIONS FRESH, CHOPPED
- ½ c CELERY FRESH, CHOPPED
- 1 tsp SALT
- 1/8 tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- 2 Tbsp BACON FAT RENDERED
- ¼ c WATER
- 2 tbsp VINEGAR DISTILLED
- 1 tbsp SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 tbsp MUSTARD DRY
- Cover potatoes with water; bring to a boil; add salt; cover. Cook until tender. Drain well. Set aside for use in Step 2.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain; combine bacon with potatoes. Set bacon fat aside for use in Step 4.
- Carefully mix potato and bacon mixture with onions, celery, salt, and pepper.
- Combine bacon fat, water, vinegar, sugar, and mustard; heat to boiling point.
- Pour hot mixture over potato mixture; combine carefully.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Place in oven at 350 F. for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve hot.