- 4 PIE CRUST
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Clear Jel +1 tbsp
- 2⅔ cups Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 7 cups Raspberries Fresh or frozen
- Use recipe for pie crusts.
- In a large nonstick saucepan, add sugar, Clear Jel, water, and cook on medium heat.
- Mix constantly until Clear Jel and sugar dissolve.
- Continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken. It will turn from a milky white color to a clear color.
- Add lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute, while mixing constantly.
- Remove the filling from heat and mix in raspberries. Don't over-mix!
- Allow the filling to cool down completely and then use it in pies or can it or chill it to use later.
- Pour the 3 ½ cups filling in pan. Cover with a crust and seal the edges. Make a few cuts/slits on the top with a knife to allow venting during baking. For a washed top, brush pies with Egg and Milk Wash.
- Convection bake at 350° degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- cool completely before slicing.
Filling is enough to make 2- 9-inch pie.