- 9 x13 x 2-inch baking dish
- 1⅔ c MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 2 qts WATER WARM
- 2 Tbsp BUTTER
- 3 Tbsp TAPIOCA QUICK-COOKING
- 1 c SUGAR GRANULATED
- ¼ tsp SALT
- 2 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- 1 Tbsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- Reconstitute milk. Reserve 1 quart (4 cups) for use in Step 3.
- Heat the remaining milk in sauce pot to a boil. Add butter.
- Combine reserved milk with tapioca, sugar, salt, and eggs.
- Add tapioca mixture to hot milk in sauce pot. Bring to just a boil; reduce heat; cook without boiling, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. The mixture will be thin. Turn off heat; cool in pot for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add vanilla, blend well. Pour into pan.
- Cover surface of pudding with waxed paper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- The mixture will thicken as it cools.
1 Garnish with Whipped Cream, and half maraschino cherry.