Yield 24 Portion 2 Fritters
- Stand mixer
- 3 ¾ c 454 g FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
- 22 g BAKING POWDER
- ¼ c 22 g MILK, NONFAT, DRY
- 1 ¼ tsp 10 g SALT
- 1 ½ c 141 g SUGAR, GRANULATED
- 1 tsp 2 g NUTMEG, GROUND
- 1 tsp 2 g CINNAMON, GROUND
- 2 EGGS WHOLE, FRESH
- 1 ¾ + 1Tbsp 425 g WATER
- 3 Tbsp 40 g OIL, SALAD
- 1 can 20 oz APPLES, CANNED, SLICED, DRAINED
- 2 c 241 g SUGAR, POWDERED, SIFTED
- OIL VEGETABLE FOR FRYING
- Sift together flour, baking powder, milk, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon into mixer bowl.
- Combine eggs, water, shortening or salad oil, and add to dry ingredients. Mix at low speed until well blended.
- Drain apples and chop apples coarsely; add to batter; mix lightly.
- Using a well-rounded tablespoon, drop batter into deep fat. Fry 4 to 6 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.