- Stand mixer
- 8 x 4 loaf pans
- ⅔ c (113 g) SHORTENING
- 1 ½ c (301 g) SUGAR, GRANULATED.
- 4 EGGS WHOLE, FRESH
- 1 can APPLESAUCE, CANNED, SWEETENED
- 2 ¾ c (627 g) BANANA, FRESH, MASHED
- 2 ⅔ c (300 g) NUTS, UNSALTED, CHOPPED, COARSELY
- 3 ⅔ c (440 g) FLOUR, ALL PURPOSE
- 2 Tbsp+ 1 tsp (19 g) BAKING POWDER
- ½ tsp (3 g) SALT
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Cream shortening and sugar in mixer bowl at medium speed 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and applesauce to mixture. Mix at medium speed 1 minute.
- Add bananas and nuts to egg mixture. Mix at medium speed until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture; beat at low speed about 1/2 minute. Continue beating 1/2 minute longer or until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Lightly spray each parchment paper lined pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 2 quarts of batter into each sprayed and floured loaf pan. Spread batter evenly.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 70 to 75 minutes or until done.
- Let bread cool in pans 5 minutes; then remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely. To enhance flavor and moistness, prepare in advance.