QUICK COFFEE CAKE
Yield 24 slices
- Stand mixer
- 1 ½ c FLOUR WHEAT, ALL PURPOSE
- 6 tbsp BUTTER SOFTENED
- 6 tbsp SUGAR BROWN, PACKED
- ¼ tsp CINNAMON GROUND
- 3 ½ c FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 1 ¾ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 5 tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 4 ½ tsp BAKING POWDER
- ¾ tsp SALT
- 1 ½ c WATER
- ¾ c OIL SALAD
- 3 EGGS WHOLE,
- 1 ½ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 2 cups SUGAR POWDERED
- ¼ c WATER BOILING
- 2 tbsp BUTTER SOFTENED
- 1/8 tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- TOPPING: In mixer bowl, combine flour, butter or margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon; mix at low speed 3 minutes until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Remove topping from mixer bowl and set aside for use in Step 6.
- CAKE: In mixer bowl, sift together flour, sugar and nonfat dry milk, baking powder and salt; mix at low speed 1 minute or until well blended.
- Combine water, salad oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add egg mixture gradually to dry mixture while mixing at low speed 2 minutes.
- Scrape down sides and bottom of mixer bowl; continue to mix low speed an additional 1 minute. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Pour 3-1/2 cups into each lightly sprayed and floured 9-inch cake pan. Spread batter evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of topping over batter in each pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake 325 F. for about 30 minutes.
- Remove cakes from oven and let cool slightly.
- GLAZE: Combine powdered sugar, hot water, butter or margarine and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Drizzle ½ cup glaze over each baked cake while cakes are still warm.