SPAGHETTI WITH MEAT SAUCE (GROUND BEEF)
- 2 lbs BEEF GROUND, BULK, RAW, 90% LEAN
- 2- 28 oz cans TOMATOES CANNED, DICED, INCL LIQUIDS
- 2- 12 oz cans TOMATO PASTE CANNED
- 1 ½ c WATER
- 8 oz ONIONS FRESH, CHOPPED
- 1 oz SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 tsp SALT
- 1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
- ½ tsp BASIL DRIED, CRUSHED
- ½ tsp THYME GROUND
- ¼ tsp OREGANO CRUSHED
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- 3 BAY LEAF WHOLE, DRIED
- 4 qts WATER BOILING
- 1 lb SPAGHETTI NOODLES DRY
- 1 Tbsp SALT
- Cook beef in stock pot until beef loses its pink color, stirring to break apart. Drain or skim off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, onions, sugar, salt, garlic powder, basil, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bay leaves to beef. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover; cook at low heat about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Add salt to boiling water. Slowly add spaghetti while stirring constantly until water boils again. Cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain thoroughly.