- 3 lb BEEF SWISS STEAK, LEAN, RAW
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- 1⅔ c WATER
- 3 oz TOMATO PASTE CANNED
- 2 oz SOY SAUCE
- 1 tbsp SUGAR GRANULATED
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- 1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
- 1 tbsp CORNSTARCH
- 7 Tbsp WATER COLD
- 1 ½ c PEPPERS GREEN, FRESH, CHOPPED
- 1 ½ c PEPPERS RED, FRESH, CHOPPED
- 1 c ONIONS FRESH, CHOPPED
- Lightly spray cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Cut steaks into 1/2-inch strips; brown strips 5 minutes on med high heat turning frequently.
- Place strips in 9 x 13 roasting pan.
- Combine in skillet, water, tomato paste, soy sauce, sugar, pepper, and garlic powder. Blend well. Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir until smooth; add to sauce mixture. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce evenly over beef strips in pan. Cover. Bake in a convection oven at 325 F. for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add peppers and onions to pan. Stir to distribute vegetables. Cover with aluminum foil: bake 20 minutes or until beef is tender.