Standard Milk Bread Number 3
Yield: 4 loaves
|• 1333 grams Spring Patent A flour 12.7 % protein||100%|
|• 815 grams lukewarm water||61%|
|• 24 grams Instant Yeast||1.8%|
|• 20 grams salt||1.5%|
|• 26 g Sugar (10 g Sugar 10 g Non-Diastatic Malt)||2%|
|• 33 grams butter/ shortening/lard softened||2.5%|
|• 40 G Parlac dry whole milk powder NFDM||2.5%|
|• 13 g distilled vinegar||.25%|
|• 15 g butter to brush on loaves||n/a|
- Dump yeast, sugar, Parlac, and flour in mixer bowl whisk together to combine.
- Add salt, vinegar, to water.
- Slowly pour in 750 grams water. Mix on stir until dough comes together, add water by the teaspoon if necessary, about 3 minutes, Add fat. Add Salt. After dough comes together into a cohesive ball increase speed to 2, knead for 10 minutes final dough temperature 90-95 degrees F Using KA bowl lift stand mixer.
- Grease large bowl with shortening or cooking spray; place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size.
- Generously grease 4 1-pound loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray. Gently push fist into dough to deflate; divide in 1/4’s. Bench rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into loaves; place in pans brush loaves with melted butter. Cover; let rise in warm place until dough is 1 inch above rim of loaf pans.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Uncover dough; bake 20-25 minutes, until loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped. Immediately remove from pans to cooling racks.
- Brush loaves with butter.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.