APPLESAUCE RASIN CAKE
Servings: 8 Servings
- Stand mixer
- cake pans 9-inch 9 x 13 baking pan
- measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack
- 3 ¼ c FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 1 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
- ¾ tsp BAKING SODA
- 1 ½ tsp CINNAMON GROUND
- ¾ tsp CLOVES GROUND
- 1/8 tsp SALT
- 1 ½ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 ¼ c RAISINS
- 1 ½ c APPLESAUCE CANNED, UNSWEETENED
- 14 Tbsp SHORTENING OR BUTTER UNSALTED, SOFTENED
- 4 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK as needed
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and sugar into mixer bowl.
- Add raisins, applesauce and shortening to dry ingredients. Beat at low speed for 1 minute, then at medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl.
- Add eggs slowly to mixture while beating at low speed for about 1 minute. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into each sprayed and floured 9-inch pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake in 325 F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Using a conventional oven, bake in 350 F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done
- Cool; frost if desired.