APPLE MUFFINS QUICK BREAD
Portion 1 Muffin YEILD 36 MUFFINS 3 – 8 X 4 LOAVES
7 cups FLOUR, WHEAT, ALL PURPOSE
2 cups SUGAR, GRANULATED
1/2 cup MILK, NONFAT, DRY
3 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
1-1/4 tsp SALT
2-1/2 cups WATER, WARM
5 EGGS, WHOLE,
1 cup APPLESAUCE, CANNED, UNSWEETENED
1/2 cup OIL, SALAD
3 cups APPLES, FRESH, PEELED, CORED, CHOPPED
¼ cup SUGAR, GRANULATED
1 Tbsp CINNAMON, GROUND
COOKING SPRAY, BAKER’S, NONSTICK
- In mixer bowl, sift together flour, sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.
- Add warm water, eggs, applesauce, and salad oil; mix at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened about 15 seconds; scrape down sides and bottom of mixer bowl; continue to mix at low speed another 15 seconds. DO NOT OVER MIX. Batter will be lumpy.
- Fold apples into batter.
- Line bottom of pan with parchment paper and Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 5 cups of batter into each 8 x 4 ½ sprayed loaf pan. Fill each muffin cup / loaf pan ⅔ full.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 350 F. 23 to 26 minutes. Remove muffins from oven and let cool.
- Apple Quick bread. Using a convection oven bake at 325 F 70 to 75 minutes use cake tester to check for doneness. Let cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pans.