I have been working with and modifying this recipe to make the kind of bread I enjoy eating. this is a modified Honey Whole wheat recipe for white sandwich bread
I have a KitchenAid Commercial 8-quart Stand mixer so some of you might have to scale back this recipe It requires three 8 x 4 loaf pans. The recipe follows along with some pictures.
I do hope you like this recipe I bake this bread once a week.
HONEY-white sandwich bread
- 16 grams instant yeast
- 85 grams honey
- 56 grams butter or margarine softened
- 17 grams salt
- 600 grams lukewarm water
- 950 grams Patent A flour
- Dump dry ingredients in mixer bowl stir for 2 minutes
- Pour in 560 grams water, honey, and butter. Mix on stir for 2 minutes when dough comes together increase speed to 2 add water by the teaspoon if necessary, until dough is a cohesive elastic and slightly sticky ball.
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes let flour autolyze
- Increase speed to 3 or 4 and knead for 10 minutes.
- Grease large bowl with shortening or cooking spray; place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size.
- Generously grease 3 (8×4 inch) loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray. Gently push fist into dough to deflate; divide in 1/3’s Shape dough into loaves; place in pans brush loaves with melted butter. Cover; with moist flour sack cloth, let rise in warm place until dough is 1 inch above rim of pan.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Uncover dough; bake 30-35 minutes until loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped Internal Temp of 200°F. Immediately remove from pans to cooling racks, brush with melted butter. Cool completely, about 1 hour.