LEMON POUND CAKE
Servings: 8 servings
- Stand mixer
- 10-inch tube pan, or bunt cake pan
- measuring cups and spoons
- cooking rack
- 4 c FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- 2 ½ c SUGAR GRANULATED
- 1 ½ tsp SALT
- ¾ tsp BAKING POWDER
- 6 tbsp MILK NONFAT, DRY
- 1 ½ c SHORTENING
- 1 c WATER
- 6 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- 3 ¼ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 3 ¼ tsp JUICE LEMON,
- 2 ¼ tsp LEMON RIND GRATED
- 3 ¼ tsp FLAVORING LEMON
- COOKING SPRAY NONSTICK
- Preheat convection oven 325 degrees.
- In mixing bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each.
- Sift together flour, salt, gradually add flour 1/2 cup at a time, until all blended.
- Add lemon juice, rind and flavoring to cake mix
- Lightly spray tube pan with non-stick baker’s spray
- Pour batter into sprayed and floured pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until done until toothpick in center comes out clean.