Yield 2-9-inch layers
4 cups FLOUR, WHEAT, ALL PURPOSE
2 ¼ c SUGAR, GRANULATED
1 ½ tsp SALT
5 ¼ tsp BAKING POWDER
5 tbsp MILK, NONFAT, DRY
¾ c SHORTENING
1 c WATER
6 EGGS, WHOLE, LARGE
½ c WATER
1 ½ Tbsp EXTRACT, VANILLA
2 ¾ c BUTTER CREAM FROSTING
10 ounces BANANA, FRESH, SLICED
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and milk into mixer bowl.
- Add shortening and water to dry ingredients; beat at low speed 1 minute until blended. Scrape down bowl; continue beating 2 minutes.
- Combine eggs, water, and vanilla. Add slowly to mixture while beating at low speed. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 3-1/2 quarts batter into each sprayed and floured pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes or until done.
- Cool. Prepare Butter Cream Frosting Recipe. Spread frosting over layers. Thinly slice bananas; spread over frosting. Top with second layer; spread remaining frosting evenly over sides and top of cake.