BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
Yield 12 Portion 1 Biscuit
|FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE||3 cups|
|MILK, NONFAT, DRY||2 Tbsp|
|BAKING POWDER||2 Tbsp|
|COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK|
- Sift together flour, milk, baking powder, and salt into mixer bowl.
- Blend shortening at low speed into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Add water; mix at low speed only enough to form soft dough.
- Place dough on lightly floured board. Knead lightly 1 minute or until dough is smooth.
- Roll or pat out to a uniform thickness of 1/2-inch.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cut with 2-1/2-inch floured biscuit cutter. Place 12 biscuits on each pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 350 F. for 15 minutes or until lightly browned
1. For browner tops: In Step 1, add 1Tbsp granulated sugar to dry ingredients.
2. Buttermilk powder can be substituted for NFDM.