3 ¼ cups FLOUR,WHEAT,GENERAL PURPOSE
¾ tsp BAKING SODA
¾ tsp SALT
7 tbsp SHORTENING
6 tbsp SUGAR,BROWN,PACKED
6 tbsp SUGAR,GRANULATED
2 EGGS, WHOLE, LARGE
¼ tsp WATER,WARM
¾ tsp EXTRACT,VANILLA
1 ½ cups CHOCOLATE, COOKING CHIPS, SEMISWEET
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside for use in Step 4.
- Cream shortening in mixer bowl at medium speed about 1 minute. Gradually add sugars; mix at medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl.
- Combine slightly beaten eggs and water; add gradually to creamed mixture. Blend thoroughly about 1 minute. Add vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients; mix only until ingredients are combined about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips; mix on low speed about 1 minute or until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoons on ungreased pans.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Loosen cookies from pans while still warm.