BEEF AND CORN PIE
- 2 ½ lb BEEF GROUND, BULK, RAW, 90% LEAN
- 4 oz ONIONS FRESH, CHOPPED
- 3 oz PEPPERS GREEN, FRESH, CHOPPED
- 1 tsp SALT
- ¼ tsp PEPPER BLACK, GROUND
- ½ tsp GARLIC POWDER
- 15 oz CORN CANNED, WHOLE KERNEL, INCL LIQUIDS
- 1 ¾ lbs POTATOES FRESH, PEELED, CUBED
- 2 qts WATER
- 2 tsp SALT
- 3 tbsp MARGARINE SOFTENED
- ¼ tsp PEPPER WHITE, GROUND
- 1/3 c MILK NONFAT, DRY
- ½ c WATER WARM
- Cook beef with onions and peppers until beef loses its pink color, stirring to break apart. Drain or skim off excess fat.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix well.
- Place beef mixture in a 9 x 13-inch roasting pan.
- Spread corn with liquid on top of beef mixture in each pan.
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes. Spread mashed potatoes over beef mixture and corn in pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake 20 minutes at 300 F. 20 minutes until potatoes are evenly browned.