Yield 2- 9-inch layers
3 ¼ c FLOUR, WHEAT, GENERAL PURPOSE
1 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
¾ tsp BAKING SODA
1 ½ tsp CINNAMON, GROUND
¾ tsp CLOVES, GROUND
1/8 tsp SALT
1 ½ c SUGAR, GRANULATED
1 ¼ c RAISINS
1 ½ c APPLESAUCE, CANNED, UNSWEETENED
14 Tbsp SHORTENING OR BUTTER, UNSALTED, SOFTENED
4 EGGS, WHOLE,
COOKING SPRAY, NONSTICK as needed
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and sugar into mixer bowl.
- Add raisins, applesauce and shortening to dry ingredients. Beat at low speed 1 minute, then at medium speed 2 minutes. Scrape down bowl.
- Add eggs slowly to mixture while beating at low speed about 1 minute. Scrape down bowl. Beat at medium speed 3 minutes.
- Lightly spray each pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into each sprayed and floured 9-inch pan.
- Using a convection oven, bake in 325 F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Using a conventional oven, bake in 350 F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until done
Cool; frost if desired.