CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Stand mixer
- measuring cups and spoons
- Sheet pans
- Cooling racks
- 3 ¼ cups FLOUR ALL PURPOSE
- ¾ tsp BAKING SODA
- ¾ tsp SALT
- 7 tbsp SHORTENING
- 6 tbsp SUGAR BROWN, PACKED
- 6 tbsp SUGAR GRANULATED
- 2 EGGS WHOLE, LARGE
- ¼ tsp WATER WARM
- ¾ tsp EXTRACT VANILLA
- 1 ½ cups CHOCOLATE COOKING CHIPS, SEMISWEET
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside for use in Step 4.
- Cream shortening in mixer bowl at medium speed for about 1 minute. Gradually add sugar; mix at medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl.
- Combine slightly beaten eggs and water; add gradually to creamed mixture. Blend thoroughly for about 1 minute. Add vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients; mix only until ingredients are combined about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips; mix on low speed for about 1 minute or until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoons on ungreased pans.
- Using a convection oven, bake at 325 F. for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Loosen cookies from pans while still warm.